Call for Trainers
Open Doors to Education Training Course
When and where?
17 – 24 November in Oslo, Norway.
The nearest airport is Oslo Airport (OSL). The venue is a youth hostel & centre Heraldsheim.
What are the aims and objectives of the project?
“Open Doors to Education” training course aims to provide participants with necessary tools to successfully run and prepare non-formal intercultural events for any age group.
The specific objectives of this training course are to:
- increase participants’ competencies to design, implement and evaluate educational activities
- improve participants’ skills in group dynamics management, presentation, communication and facilitation skills
- increase participants’ knowledge of the latest concepts of culture and innovative learning tools
- provide a possibility for practical application of newly gained competencies and receive feedback through preparation and delivery of a local orientation for Host Siblings and Host Parents
- strengthen the collaboration on training between YFU organisations
The training course will last 6,5 days and will be a mix of a regular training for trainers with intercultural competence training, coupled with the practical element of delivering orientations for Host Families. Thus, the curriculum of this training course allows also to experience the actual preparation of need-based workshops for Host Parents and Host Siblings and includes receiving detailed feedback on the content and delivery.
Outcomes and Outputs
The following outputs are planned to be developed throughout the project:
New Session Outlines for Host Family Orientations, with specific focus on Host Siblings, which will be used by YFU organisations worldwide to provide lifelong learning opportunities to any Host Family
Improved training competences of 25 YFU facilitators and trainers
Intercultural Orientation provided by participants to local host siblings and host parents
What is the target group?
Volunteers and staff interested in developing training and facilitation skills. This is an intense training for starting trainers. Prior experience in facilitation and training is not required. Orientation leaders are most welcome to apply if they haven’t attended a training for trainers before.
What is the profile of the trainers?
We are now looking for trainers who will be responsible for facilitating the training. Interested individuals should be:
- aged 18+,
- able to work in English,
- knowledgeable about topics related to (please note that it is not necessary to be competent in all areas):
- Training of Trainers
- Innovative Facilitation Methodologies
- Designing educational events
- Learning cycle & learning preferences
- Group Dynamics
- Public Speaking
- YFU Educational Goals
- experienced in training and/or facilitation,
- committed to work with other trainers in the team in preparing the training to a high and professional level,
- committed to participate in the full duration of the project, including the support during shadowing and the follow-up
What are the responsibilities of the trainers?
The trainers will be responsible for: (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
- preparing the training course and its methodology ·
- implementing the training course
- preparing the hand-outs and session
- evaluating the training course
- internal reporting
- ensuring follow-up with the participants
What about the financial side and other technicalities?
Board and lodging are provided for trainers. 100% of travel expenses for the trainers will be reimbursed upon presentation of the relevant receipts.
Trainers should be available for the full duration of the preparation meeting and the training courses:
1st Prep Meeting in Brussels: 13th of September (evening) to the 15th of September (late afternoon)
2nd Prep Meeting & the training course: 15th of November to the 24th of November (participants arrive on the 17th of Nov)
Further details will be established once the team has been chosen.
The trainers are responsible to organise their own health insurance.
What is the application procedure?
Should you wish to apply to be a trainer at this training course, please complete as fully as possible the application form by the 30 June 2019.
The trainers will be selected soon after the deadline.